? ??????????????Sk8 or Die? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (7 Ratings)??3 Grabs Today. 2075 Total Grabs. ??????Pr
eview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Skate 4 Life? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (4 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 902 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????EXTREME!? ????? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, August 28, 2009

FLASHBACK FRIDAY

This September marks my ninth year with Zumiez. I can't believe it has already been 9 years with the greatest action sports retailer in the world! I still remember my very first day. DeeAnn Roundy was the SM at Ogden, Justin Walker was scheduled for his first day as a sales person and I was being trained to manage the soon-to-be opened Zumiez in the Layton Hills Mall. Funny really, but that day we had a future RM and 2 future DM's working together to sell as much as we could to as many people as we could.

I am certain we made day!
Thats just how we roll!!

I was so nervous to start working. Lets be real, I was a young nineteen year old kid with virtually no experience. I had been hired on as the SM because I was a great sales person, I was a hard worker, and I wouldn't take "no" for an answer. I rolled into work with an Ezekiel shirt I stole from my brother, a pair of Freeworld cargo pants and a pair of Tony Hawk skate shoes. At this point in time I used frost and glow to bleach my tips and I had hoop earrings - I was a lady killer and then some.

Back in the day we didn't have any deals like 5/$85 or even 2/$25. We didn't have EDC chapters, the infosite, or Single Focus Visits. We didn't have fancy floor moves, merchandising techniques, snow flyers or shoe self talkers. What we had was a raw ability to sell and to be a retailer.

Little did I realize just how great I would be for Zumiez - and Zumiez would be for me! Not many people can honestly say the love what they do... for the past nine years I have been one of those lucky few.


-you stay classy
Stagge

0 comments: